Parking and Vehicle Registration

Any vehicle parked on campus must have a Gordon State College parking permit. You can register your vehicle and obtain your permit at the Gordon State College Police Department in Gordon Hall.


Parking permits are good for one academic year (August 1-July 31).


Parking permit fees are included with course registration.

Permitted Parking

All vehicles must park in designated parking areas. Faculty and Staff parking is indicated by GREEN parking space lines and marked "F/S". Student parking is allowed in WHITE lined parking spaces only. Faculty, staff, and students parking in the Visitor's Parking Lot are guilty of a parking violation.

See Campus Map for parking locations.

Disabled Spaces

Gordon State College is required by state law to reserve handicap parking spaces for the permanently disabled. State law 40-6-226 established the fine for illegally parking in a handicap zone up to $500.00.

Disabled students with vehicles bearing state disabled tags may park in designated handicapped parking spaces in any parking lot on campus. In case of temporary disabilities, students should contact the Gordon State College Police Department for parking arrangements.

If you have special needs or require further information about the College's accommodations policy, please contact the Gordon State College Police Department at 678.359.5101.


Visitors to the Gordon State College Campus may park for limited periods of time in any space marked for visitors.

Vehicle Registration

All faculty, staff, and students who operate or park a vehicle on campus are required to register with the Gordon State College Police Department and display a current registration permit. Failure to register a vehicle will receive a warning (three warnings may result in booting the vehicle), or properly display a permit will result in a fine of $10.00 for each violation incurred.


Click here to download the student parking permit registration form. Complete the form and return it to Public Safety (Gordon Hall).


Register your vehicle with the Gordon Police Department located in Gordon Hall.

The following information is needed:

  1. Name
  2. Address
  3. Year, Make, Model, Color of Vehicle
  4. License Number (tag) and State
  5. Status: i.e., Student, Faculty, Staff

The parking permit for motor vehicles consists of a hangtag which shall be affixed to the rearview mirror permit number is clearly visible. A pressure sensitive permit is available for motorcycles and shall be placed on the front fork.

Parking permits are NON-TRANSFERABLE and therefore only belong to the person to whom the permit was assigned.

More than one vehicle can be registered to a hangtag. The hangtag will need to be placed in the vehicle that is being driven to campus.

A $10.00 fee will be charged for lost permits. Additional hangtags may be purchased for fee of $10.00.

Temporary Registration

Persons driving a replacement vehicle or have forgotten their hangtag will need to obtain a temporary permit from the Gordon Police Department. All information including year, make, model, color, and tag number will be needed to get a temporary permit.