Transfer Students


Students are considered a transfer student if they:

  • Have graduated from high school or have a GED and have 30 credit hours that transfers to Gordon State College.
  • Have not already earned a bachelor’s degree or you are pursuing a second bachelor’s degree.

Students who do not have 30 credits that transfer to GSC must meet the Freshman requirement for admittance. 

Students who have already completed a bachelor’s degree and do not desire to pursue a second bachelor’s degree can view the admissions requirements and application process for a non-degree seeking student.




Students must complete the application below to begin the application process! A $30 non-refundable application fee is required through GA Futures.

online application


Transcripts must be sent to Admissions from the student's previous institutions to be considered official. Transcripts must be sent from all institutions that appear on the student's record with the National Student Clearinghouse. The Office of Admissions if able to provide an admissions decision with a current transcript. Students must have 30 transferable hours and be in good academic standing or on probation with the last attended institution. If the student has less than 30 transferable credit hours, an official final high school transcript must be sent.

Applicants may be awarded regular admission if the student has submitted a current college transcript with 30 transferable hours and is in good academic standing.

Applicants may be awarded final admission if the student has submitted a final college transcript (no in progress or pre-registered courses) and is in good academic standing.


While you are getting your transcripts to us, please securely upload your Verification of Lawful Presence and Immunization Records to

Verification of Lawful Presence

Any student requesting to pay at the in-state tuition rate will be required to provide verification of lawful presence in the United States in order to be classified as an in-state student or awarded an out-of-state tuition waiver. Students residing in a border state may reach out to for a waiver.

With the exception of Military ID Cards, copies of the following may be accepted if the document is unexpired.
  • U.S. Passport Book
  • U.S. Passport Card
  • U.S. Certificate of Citizenship
  • U.S. Certificate of Naturalization
  • U.S. Consular Report of Birth Abroad
  • U.S. Birth Certificate (photocopy is not acceptable)
  • U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident Card
  • U.S. Military ID Card (no copies – worksheet must be used)
  • Certain Driver’s License & State-Issued ID Cards - Temporary/interim/permit driver's licenses and IDs are not acceptable (must have the REAL ID symbol and front and back is required)
  • Georgia Voter ID Card

Immunization Record

  • You may have your physician complete the downloadable document or request your immunization records from your physician or local health department.
  • Students are eligible to exempt from the immunization requirement if it is in conflict with their religious beliefs or if they are enrolling in a completely online program. If using an exemption, please download the Immunization Record, complete the Student Information on the top half, check the exemption box that best fits, sign and date, and upload to


Transfer Credit Equivalencies

No more than 42 semester hours of combined transfer credit from all sources will be accepted towards an associate degree.
Courses in which a grade of D was earned will only be transferred if non-transfer students can also use a grade of D toward degree credit for that course.

Click below to see what courses will transfer into Gordon State College.

Technical Colleges in Georgia

COC accredited Technical Colleges(pdf)