Highlander to Wildcat Program

Fort Valley State University and Gordon State College have collaborated to provide a point of access to higher education for select students who have been denied entry into Fort Valley State University. Students who complete the program will be eligible to transfer to Fort Valley State University or any other institution in the University System of Georgia. The Highlander to Wildcat program is designed to help students get the academic preparation they need to be successful at FVSU and beyond!


After you are referred to Gordon State from FVSU, your next steps are simple! 

  1. Complete an Application for Admission
    • On page 3 you will see a question asking if FVSU has referred you, answer yes to that question
  2. Pay the $30 Application fee or submit an SAT, ACT, or NACAC application fee waiver
  3. Send an official copy of your high school to Gordon State 
    • Contact your high school counselor to find out what they need to send those to us