GSC Dual Enrollment to Freshman

Cross the bridge from a Gordon State Dual Enrollment student to a Freshman Highlander!

It's an easy transition for students who have started their college experience at Gordon State College as a Dual Enrollment student to continue their education as a Freshman!


Join us on Tuesday, April 30th, for a special night to celebrate your accomplishments! Students who attend this event will be awarded a GSC cord to wear at your high school graduation!



  • Complete the Update My App Form

    • The student's admissions to the GSC Dual Enrollment program does NOT guarantee acceptance as a Gordon State Freshman. Read below for more information.
  • Submit Official Final High School Transcripts

    • Transcripts must be sent to Admissions from the student's high school to be considered official. Freshman students are unable to begin a Summer semester if they have not yet graduated high school or if their transcript does not show a passed graduation date. Please view our Academic Calendar for start dates!



The student's admission to the GSC Dual Enrollment program does NOT guarantee acceptance as a Gordon State Freshman. Current dual enrollment students will need to complete the Update My App Form provided by Office of Admissions. Dual Enrollment to Freshman students do not need to complete a new Admissions application. Students MUST complete the Update My App form and have their official final high school transcript sent to the Office of Admissions to be admitted as a freshman. Students will not receive a freshman schedule until admitted as a freshman.


An official copy of all completed high school work must be submitted to the Office of Admissions from the student's high school. High school GPA will be calculated based on the Required High School Curriculum (RHSC).

Applicants may be awarded a regular admission with a current high school transcript IF the students has a 2.0 GPA in the RHSC and less than 5 deficiencies.

Applicants may be awarded a final admission after the Office of Admissions has received the official final high school transcript from the student's high school. The transcript must show a graduation date to be considered final. The student must have a 2.0 GPA in the RHSC and less than 3 deficiencies. Students may satisfy one or more RHSC deficiencies through standardized exams such as the Accuplacer.

Students who have taken college credit at another institution must have their official transcripts sent to GSC Admissions. We are unable to provide college courses shown on a high school transcript.

Test Scores (To Opt Out of Learning Support)

Applicants may choose to send SAT, ACT, and/or Accuplacer scores to opt out of Learning Support. SAT or ACT test scores may be sent to the Office of Admissions directly from,, from the students’ high school, or the student may download the PDF of the official score report.

Learning Support Placement is determined according to these criteria effective SPRING 2024

Click here for more information on the Learning Support Program in English and Math.



While you are getting your transcripts to us, you can also securely upload your Proof of Lawful Presence and Immunization Records to

Verification of Lawful Presence

Any student requesting to pay at the in-state tuition rate will be required to provide verification of lawful presence in the United States in order to be classified as an in-state student or awarded an out-of-state tuition waiver. Students residing in a border state may reach out to for a waiver.

With the exception of Military ID Cards, copies of the following may be accepted if the document is unexpired.
  • U.S. Passport Book
  • U.S. Passport Card
  • U.S. Certificate of Citizenship
  • U.S. Certificate of Naturalization
  • U.S. Consular Report of Birth Abroad
  • U.S. Birth Certificate (photocopy is not acceptable)
  • U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident Card
  • U.S. Military ID Card (no copies – worksheet must be used)
  • Certain Driver’s License & State-Issued ID Cards - Temporary/interim/permit driver's licenses and IDs are not acceptable (must have the REAL ID symbol and front and back is required)
  • Georgia Voter ID Card

Immunization Record

  • You may have your physician complete the downloadable document or request your immunization records from your physician or local health department.
  • Students are eligible to exempt from the immunization requirement if it is in conflict with their religious beliefs or if they are enrolling in a completely online program. If using an exemption, please download the Immunization Record, complete the Student Information on the top half, check the exemption box that best fits, sign and date, and submit at