Residual ACT® Exam
Gordon State College offers the Residual ACT® exam. You must be a Gordon State applicant to take this exam. The scores may only be utilized for your Gordon application
Minimum ACT scores for Traditional Freshmen:
ACT English: 12
ACT Math: 14
Minimum ACT scores for Dual Enrollment (formerly Move on When Ready - MOWR):
ACT English: 17
ACT Math: 18
Spring 2019 semester begins Wednesday, January 9, 2019.
Summer 2019 classes begin May 30, 2019.
NOTE: A student must wait 60 days before re-testing on a Residual ACT Exam.
To register for the Residual ACT:
Please send an email with the following information to: email@example.com or call GSC Testing Center 678-359-5138.
- your name
- Gordon student ID number
- phone number
- email address
- date you would like to test
You will receive a confirmation email - please do not assume you can take the test without first having received this email. Students arriving late may not be allowed to test. You must check in prior to testing time in the Student Center, room 234, Gordon State College, 419 College Drive, Barnesville. (map)
$60.00 cash or money order only is required on the day of testing; ACT fee waivers may not be used for a Residual ACT exam. You may utilize our Online payment system to pay for this exam ahead of time.
If you qualify for accommodations in testing due to a disability, please contact our office in advance to make the necessary arrangements.
Things to Remember:
- You must bring a PICTURE ID (driver's license, state/military ID or school ID) in order to take the test
- Please bring two sharpened #2 pencils
- You must provide your own calculator. Gordon State College cannot provide calculators
- To view calculators permitted for the Residual Act: ACT Calculator Policy
- Please do not bring other personal belongings
- We do not administer the essay section of this exam
- The test will take approximately 3½ - 4 hours
- A short break is allowed after the first two tests
- Test scores are only valid for Gordon State College and will be given to the Admissions Office; they are non-transferable to other colleges.
Additional ACT® Resources
"An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." - Benjamin Franklin