ACCUPLACER® Placement Exam
Accuplacer® is a college placement exam that tests reading, writing, and math skills. It is a computerized exam that may be required of: non-traditional freshmen or readmit students who apply to Gordon State College; GED, homeschooled applicants or beginning freshmen who have a Required High School Curriculum deficiency. The first exam is free for Gordon applicants but a $20 retest fee applies (cash or money order) or you may pay online.
Gordon Applicants and Readmits: Please confirm with the Admissions office (678-359-5021) that this exam is required as part of your application process and then call the Testing Center for an appointment (678-359-5138). If you are required to take all three sections of the Accuplacer® (Elementary Algebra, Reading Comprehension and WritePlacer®) please allow yourself 2 hours for testing. Algebra and Reading Comprehension exams are untimed and you are allowed 60 minutes for WritePlacer - all testing is on a computer.
Testing for Another College or for Employment Purposes: A $20 fee applies - please call the office for an appointment. A $20 fee applies (cash or money order) or you may pay online.
- An appointment is required.
- Those taking the test must show a PICTURE ID to take the test.
- Paper and pencils will be provided for all test takers. A calculator is embedded in the exam; you may not use your own calculator.
- Children are not allowed in the testing room and cannot be left alone outside of the area.
- If you are a Gordon applicant, check in the Admissions Office first (Lambdin Hall) prior to testing
- If you are testing for another school or for employment purposes, please schedule an appointment and come directly to the Testing Center (Student Center 234)
www.khanacademy.org - Khan Academy (Firefox appears to work best)
Please call if you have any questions: 678-359-5138