Academic Intervention and Mentoring for Success in Nursing (AIM for Success)
Mission: To provide Gordon State College nursing students with academic intervention and support in an effort to improve academic performance and student success. The efforts of AIM are directed toward assisting students to successfully complete the nursing program and pass the nursing NCLEX-RN licensure examination.
Goal: To improve nursing student retention, progression, and graduation rates from Gordon State College's, School of Nursing.
AIM Program Services
- Accepts referrals for academic performance assessment and planning.
- Conducts one-on-one academic performance evaluations for students experiencing difficulty in nursing.
- Works collaboratively with nursing students to create an individualized success plan.
- Provides on-going academic support and personal mentoring throughout the program.
Facilitates group tutoring & success sessions that are beneficial to nursing students.
- Organization, time management, and planning for life and school.
- Using nutrition, sleep, exercise, and taking breaks to enhance success.
- Recognizing stress/anxiety and tips to manage it.
- Study tips, note taking, and tips to maximize individual learning styles.
- Varied concept/content tutoring, testing strategies/tips, and alternative methods of learning.
- Evaluates individual testing skills via scheduled test review for AIM students.
- Fosters peer mentorship (face-to-face or via social media) for students admitted to nursing.
Email us at email@example.com or send a friend request on face book: AIM Success