LPN-RN Application and Admission
APPLICATION AND ADMISSION
LPN-RN Bridge Degree Program
General Requirements / Procedures for Admission
Admission to the Nursing Education Programs is granted on a space-available basis. Applications that meet all admission requirements will be ranked according to their qualifications and admitted in order of their rank, starting with the most qualified, until all available spaces are filled. Admissions are extremely competitive. As such, not all individuals who meet the admission requirements may be admitted.
|Fall 2018 LPN-RN Bridge Application Information + Checklist|
The application process period for the LPN-RN Bridge Program Nursing Program is December 1, 2017 - January 19, 2018.
For your convenience, you may download the Nursing Application Checklist to use as your guide for completing the nursing application process.
Prerequisite Core Classes:
- Quantitative Skills and Reasoning or College Algebra
- Anatomy/Physiology I
- Anatomy/Physiology II
- English Composition I
- English Composition II
- Human Growth & Development
- Microbiology with lab
- American History I or II
- approved Humanities Elective (3 hr.) (see Curriculum)
**All core classes must be passed with a grade of C or better. Biology 2210, 2211, and 2250 must be less than 5 years old upon entry into the program. For Fall 2018 cohort Sciences must be Fall 2013 to current.
LPN to RN Bridge Program Admission Requirements:
Applications for the LPN-RN Bridge program is accepted only during the Fall semester The application process period is December 1, 2017 - January 19, 2018. Deadline for completed application packet with all required documentation must be submitted by no late than12:00 p.m. January 19, 2018, to be considered. (or the last business day BEFORE the due date should it fall on a weekend) in order to be considered.
- Must have applied for and received a letter of acceptance to Gordon State College.
- Must enclose sealed official academic transcripts for each college/university/tech school attended to include Gordon State College (if you attended Gordon State College).
- A minimum 2.5 cumulative/overall GPA.
- GPA Calculator (xls)
- Exemption from or completion of all Learning Support Classes.
- Department recommends completing 75-80% of Core Curriculum prior to applying to either the ASN program or the LPN-RN Bridge Program.
- BIOL 2210K, 2211K, and 2250K must be LESS than 5 years old. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- For Fall 2018, cohort sciences must be Fall 2013 to current.
- Successfully passing the Kaplan's Nursing Entrance Assessment Test (see Admission Test Requirements for details).
- Not failed two (2) or more nursing courses in any nursing program, including an LPN program. (a grade of "D" is considered failing in a nursing program).
- Not failed any nursing course with a grade of "F" in any nursing program, including LPN program.
- Able to meet Technical Standards.
- In addition to admission requirements listed above, you must also have a minimum of one-year experience practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in a medical facility.
- Successful completion of the LPN Validation Test; Dosage Calculation Test; and Skills (Lab) Test for students who have received conditional acceptance to the nursing program. These tests are administered during the summer semester proceeding the fall semester start term. Passage of all 3 of these tests is required for final acceptance.
Contents to Include in Application Packet:
- Completed nursing application.
- Copy of an acceptance letter to Gordon State College. Must have applied to and received an acceptance letter to Gordon State College prior to November 17, 2017.
- Official Transcripts from all previous and current colleges/universities/technical schools attended to include Gordon State College.
- Copy of all licenses/certifications(LPN, CNA, EMT,etc.) if applicable.
- (LPN-RN Bridge ONLY) Work Verification Form - found under FORMS + LINKS
- If previously admitted to an RN OR LPN program and was not successful in completing the program you must submit (2) completed reference forms Reference Form -Nursing.pdf with your application.
**Incomplete/late applications will not be accepted.
Contact your Academic Advisor or refer to our website for course planning and additional information.