Information Technology Orientation - Email
When do I receive an email account?
Upon acceptance to the college, you will be issued a Gordon State College email account. There is no charge for this service. Your email account will be available to you to access as soon as you receive an acceptance letter from the college. Your Gordon email account is our OFFICIAL method of communicating with you important information about registration, payment deadlines, changes to your class schedule, and campus activities. Please note that you must remain a currently enrolled student to continue using our email services.
How do I access my email account?
Students at Gordon are provided free email accounts after being accepted into the college. Gordon State College uses the Microsoft Outlook email system. You can access your email online by following the instructions below:
- To access your email account, first you will need to obtain your Gordon network username.
- You can look up your username online by going to http://www.gordonstate.edu/mygordon/ and clicking on 'Lookup My GCID#'.
- Within the smaller pop-up window, enter your last name, date of birth, and last 4 digits of your Social Security Number in the text boxes provided and press the 'Lookup' button
- Your username will be printed next to the bold heading NETWORK / GeorgiaVIEW USERNAME. Record this username!
You will need to reset your password at least once before you will be allowed to access your email account. To create a new password follow the steps provided below or watch our instructional "How to" video at the bottom of this page.
- Click on 'Network Password Reset' under 'My Gordon'.
- Once the pop-up window appears enter your username in the text box provided and press the 'Submit' button. This is the username that you recorded by following the Username Lookup instructions detailed above.
- Once the next screen appears, answer the security question and then enter a new password in the text boxes provided. Make sure your new password conforms to the complex password standards detailed in the left column of the Network Password Reset pop-up window. Click 'Submit Reset'.
- You should see a message indicating that your password was reset successfully, if not, try again. Once your new password is created, you can now use your username and new password to access your email by following the steps below.
"How to" Video
Click the video below to watch a tutorial on how to reset your network password...
Accessing your email account...
- Click 'Gordon Email' from the bottom footer of any Gordon web page.
- You will be prompted for a username and password. Enter the username that you obtained previously in these instructions as well as the new password you created using the Network Password Reset window.
- Your Outlook email account will now load inside your Internet browser.
What is my email address?
Your email address will be the same as your username, followed by @gordonstate.edu. You can lookup your username and full email address online by going to 'My Gordon' located on the top utility bar available from any page on the Gordon State College website and clicking on 'Lookup My GCID#'. Within the smaller pop-up window, enter your last name, date of birth, and last 4 digits of your Social Security Number in the text boxes provided and press the 'Lookup' button. Your username and email address will be listed on the screen.