Accessing Your Gordon Email on a Android Phone
NOTE: Instructions may vary depending on your Droid model. If you setup your email on any smartphone it is recommended that you set an unlock pattern or passcode on your phone for increased security.
- From the Menu button select 'Settings'.
- Choose 'Accounts & sync'.
- Click the 'Add Account' button.
- Select 'Corporate' or it may say 'Exchange'.
- Enter the following information on the 'Set up email' screen:
- Email address: Enter your full Gordon email address. For example, email@example.com
- Password: Enter your current network password
- Click Next.
- Autodiscovery should pick up the correct server settings however some devices may ask for additional information. If so, enter the following information on the 'Server Settings' screen:
- Domain: gordon.nt
- Username: <<Gordon username>> (e.g., ab123456, jdoe)
- Password: Enter your current network password again if it is not already added
- Exchange Server:
- Students: outlook.office365.com
- Faculty/Staff: mail.gordonstate.edu
- Check the box 'Use secure connection (SSL)'
- Check the box 'Accept all SSL certificates'
- Click Next
- Choose email preferences as desired and click Next. Recommended Email Check Frequency - Automatic (PUSH)
- Enter a name to identify your e-mail account on your phone such as 'Gordon Email' and then fill in your name which will appear on all outgoing messages.
- Click Done
After successful completion of the steps above you should now be able to send and receive Gordon Email. To access your inbox - choose 'Email' under the Applications area on your phone.