The Section Enrollment dashboard is accessible through the Academic Admin project.
Dashboard Based Security
The dashboard utilizes data level access which will restrict the information available based on the Tableau Server account.
- Department Heads – Each department head will have access to subjects/disciplines for faculty assigned to their department.
- Deans – Deans will have access to subjects/disciplines for faculty assigned to the departments within their school.
- Provost and President – The provost and president accounts will have access to all subjects/disciplines.
- Dataset – OIR creates static copies of key Banner data to allow display and analysis of student data for specific times in the past. Datasets consist of semester and dataset type. Only one dataset may be selected at a time.
- Semester – The semester portion of a dataset indicates the term for which the data was copied.
- Type – There a 3 types of datasets.
- ODS is an operation dataset for currently active semesters and is updated/overwritten every 4 hours beginning at 7am each day. An active semester is one with classes being taught or registration in progress. The ODS dataset is for internal evaluation of institutional operations and should not be used to compare GSC to reporting data from USG, IPEDS, etc.
- MTC is the mid-term census dataset that is copied at the time GSC submits Census Date 1 data to the USG system office. MTC data is static and remains even after semester is no longer active. The MTC dataset can be used for historical review of GSC operations and comparison to reporting from USG, IPEDS, etc.
- EOT is the end of term dataset that is copied at the time GSC GSC submits it Census Date 2 data to USG. The EOT dataset can be used for historical review of GSC operations and comparison to reporting from USG, IPEDS, etc.
- School– Allows display and analysis of data for a specific school. One or more or ALL may be selected at one time. The list of available schools will be based on account permissions and the semester selected through the Semester/Term parameter.
- Department – Allows display and analysis of data for one or more specific departments limited by user account permissions.
- Campus - The campus parameter allows display and analysis of student data for a specific campus or unduplicated enrollment across all campuses. Only one campus or ALL may be selected at a time. The list of available campuses will vary based on the semester selected through the Dataset parameter.
- Subject - Select one or more subjects available limited by user account permissions.
- % Filled – The data displayed can be filter by the percentage of seats filled in each course section.