Institutional SAT® Exam
Gordon State College offers the Institutional SAT® exam. You must be a Gordon State applicant to take this exam. (National score requirements differ for admission.) Freshman student criteria
Minimum Admission Requirements (traditional beginning freshman) utilizing scores from SAT exams prior to March 2016 or current ISAT scoring:
SAT® (Critical Reading) 330
SAT® (Mathematics) 310
Dual Enrollment (formerly Move on When Ready -MOWR) ISAT Minimum Scores:
SAT® (Critical Reading) 430
SAT® (Mathematics) 430
Institutional SAT Exam dates for Spring 2018:
Friday October 20, 2017 - 9:00 a.m.
Friday November 17, 2017 - 9:00 a.m.
Wednesday December 13, 2017 - 9:00 a.m.
Spring 2018 classes begin Wednesday, January 10, 2018
NOTE: We are only able to administer two (2) Institutional SAT exams to any student.
To register for the Institutional SAT:
Please send an email with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 678-359-5138.
- your name
- Gordon student ID number
- phone number
- date you would like to test
You will receive a confirmation email - please do not assume you can take the test without having first received this email. Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m. in the Testing Center, located in the Student Center, room 234, Gordon State College, 419 College Drive, Barnesville. (map) The test begins at 9:00 a.m. Students arriving late may not be allowed to test.
$50.00 cash or money order only is required on the day of testing; SAT fee waivers may not be used for an Institutional SAT exam. You may utilize our Online payment system to pay for this exam ahead of time.
If you qualify for accommodations in testing due to a disability, please contact our office in advance to make the necessary arrangements.
Things to Remember:
- You must bring a PICTURE ID in order to take the test
- Please bring two sharpened #2 pencils
- You must provide your own calculator. Gordon State College cannot provide calculators
- To view calculators permitted for the ISAT visit : SAT Calculator Policy
- Please do not bring other personal belongings
- SAT® On-Campus Student Guide and Getting Ready for the SAT - we encourage you to read these
- We administer the older version of the SAT exam and do not administer the essay section
- The test will take approximately 3 ½ - 4 hours.
- Scores will be mailed the following business day. Test scores are only valid for Gordon State College and are not transferable to other colleges.
Additional SAT® Resources
- Community Education Test Prep Courses (SAT Prep)
- Practice Test
- Getting Ready for the SAT®
- Mometrix Academy
"The purpose of education is to replace an empty mind with an open one." - Malcolm Forbes