Gordon State College participates in the University System of Georgia GOAL Program. As part of our efforts to be military and adult learner friendly, we give credit for testing that occurs under the DSST program – DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (also known as DANTES – Defense Activities for Non-Traditional Education Support) using the scores recommended by the American Council on Education (ACE).
It's Your Life, Take Credit for It. The DSST credit by exam program gives students the opportunity to receive college credit for life experience as a form of prior learning assessment. Recommended for credit by the American Council on Education, the 33 + exams are offered in diverse subject areas such as health, ethics, finance and technology. As a form of prior learning assessment, DSSTs offer students a cost-effective, time-saving way to use their knowledge acquired outside of the classroom (perhaps from reading, on-the-job training, or independent study) to accomplish their educational goals.
The DSST program is owned by Prometric, the global leader in testing and assessment, and has been placing students on the fast track to college degrees since 1986. To obtain more information go to www.getcollegecredit.com.
Learn more: DSST Video
To Register to Take an Exam:
Call the Testing Center (678.359.5138) to schedule an appointment to take a DSST exam.
- The DSST fee of $80 per examination is paid via credit card during test registration on the day of the examination (DSST does not accept Discover card)
- Gordon State College charges a separate $25 test administration fee, payable to the Testing Center (cash or money order only) at the time of the examination or
- Online payment using a credit card is available for this test.
- Gordon will not accept credit for an exam for a course that you already have a grade awarded (D, F, WF)
- You must wait 90 days in order to re-test on the same exam
Be sure to verify information with the institution where you would like credit awarded prior to testing. The subject examinations recognized, the minimum scores required for credit and the credit awarded at Gordon State College can be found here. Contact the Registrar’s Office at 678.359.5022 if additional information is needed regarding credit by examination.