Welcome to the Gordon State College Counseling Center!
The Counseling Center at Gordon State College provides a number of services to Gordon students, including: life adjustment counseling, career counseling, and disability services. We also offer workshops to assist students in successfully transitioning to college life. The Counseling Center is located in the Student Center in room 212.
- Georgia Career Information System, provides students across the state with information necessary for the career decision-making process.
- Online Career Exploration Resources (pdf), websites to assist in searching for careers and current job openings.
- Disability Services, frequently asked questions about Gordon's disability services' policies and procedures.
- Drug Rehabilitation Locator, website that assists in locating substance abuse treatment centers. Search by city and state or by the type of facility seeking (i.e. detox, teen, dual diagnosis). This website is simply a resource to assist in locating possible rehabilitation facilities. Choosing a facility is a personal decision made by the patient and/or his/her family. Gordon State College does not endorse or align with any of these facilities specifically.
- Ulifeline, information on various mental health issues (including depression, anxiety and suicide prevention), a place to e-mail questions, and links to other mental health sites.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255), a national 24-hour toll-free suicide prevention and intervention telephone resource that provides immediate assistance to individuals in suicidal crisis by connecting them to the nearest available suicide prevention and mental health service provider.
- Smoke Free at Gordon, resources to help you kick the habit.
- Student Employment Opportunities, students can review job listings. Outside employers can also submit employment opportunities for Gordon State College students here.
- Study Skills, worksheets to help you study.
- Adjustment Tips, tips to aid in the transition to college life.
- www.recoveryatlanta.org, substance abuse recovery resources in the Atlanta area.
- www.recoverymacon.org, substance abuse recovery resources in the greater Macon area.
- Ace's Space, American College Counseling Association.
- Community Resource List (pdf)
- Directions for Accommodations (pdf)
- Exam Accommodations Form (pdf)
Student Center 212
419 College Dr
Barnesville, GA 30204
p 678. 359. 5585
f 678. 359. 5193