Bomb threats represent a potential danger to the safety and welfare of the Gordon State College community. Anyone who receives a bomb threat or observes a potential bomb should not handle the object and stay away from the area. In all cases Gordon State College Public Safety should be contacted immediately at 678-359-5111 or 5111 when on campus. Public Safety officials will determine if evacuation is necessary. In the event of an evacuation use your designated evacuation route and do not panic. Public Safety or other appropriate officials will announce "all clear" when it is safe to return to the building or area. Do not return to the building or area until an "all clear" signal is given.
A. Steps for Individuals Receiving a Bomb Threat By Phone
Attempt to ask the caller:
- When is the bomb going to explode?
- Where is the bomb located?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What does the bomb look like?
- Why did you place a bomb?
- What is your name, number, and address?
Observe and record the following information:
- Time and date of call
- Telephone number and department where call was received
- Age and sex of the caller
- Number displayed on caller identification
- Background noise
- Speech pattern, accent, tone, and emotional state of caller
- Exact words of person making the call
B. Steps for Individuals Receiving a Bomb Threat By E-Mail
- Do not delete the message. Print the message if possible for Public Safety.
C. Completion of Threatening Phone Call Log Form
- In the event of a threatening call complete the Threatening Phone Call Log Form.