Quick Links    My Gordon    Site Map    Facebook  Twitter  YouTube  
A unit of the University System of Georgia
office-of-controller-sidebar office-of-controller-slider

Travel & Frequently Asked Questions

Where do I find the Link to Log In to Travel Self Service?

fcum  Travel & Expenses


You can click on the “Log-in Station” link at the bottom of any Gordon State College web page and get to this link.


Will my Supervisor/Approver need to sign a hard copy of my Travel Authorization?

Your Supervisor will have to sign/approve your travel authorization if you have a paper "Standing
Authorization" or a Travel Authorization for which you are not requiring a reimbursement. All online
Travel Authorizations are automatically routed to your supervisor for their approval. A paper Travel
Authorization can be found on the Gordon State College templates in Microsoft Word.


Will my Supervisor/Approver need to sign a hard copy of my Expense Report?

No. All expense reports are processed online thru the Travel & Expense system.


What is the reimbursement turn-around for a travel related expense?

Normal turn-around is approximately 7 to 10 days. This can be affected by several things. The immediate supervisor isn’t in town and cannot approve your reimbursement request at this time. All required documentation has not been presented to the AP Office for verification of expenses.


How do I sign up for Direct Deposit?

This is done through ADP. The information is then fed over to your Travel account usually within 2 to 3 business days. If you already have a bank that you would like your travel reimbursement to go to, you can go into ADP and click on the “Pay and Taxes” tab and click on the bank account that you already have set up and make sure that there is a check mark in the box next to “Remaining Net Pay Account”. BE SURE TO “SAVE” ANY CHANGES THAT YOU HAVE MADE BEFORE EXITING ADP.


Should I submit copies of my receipts in order to be reimbursed?

Receipts are no able to be "attached" to your online expense reports. You can upload them directly to
the report and you won't have to send them over to the Accounts Payable office. The electronic version
has been accepted by State Auditors.


How do I obtain Authorization to Travel?

Employees should log in to the Travel & Expense online system and create a travel authorization PRIOR to the actual travel. You will need to submit the request at least 10 days in advance of your travel date to ensure time for full approval.


Do I need to submit a copy of the Agenda with my Expense Report?

Yes. For Auditor purposes it is required that you submit a copy of the meeting/conference agenda.


Do I get reimbursed for Taxes paid for Hotels?

Yes. State travel regulations require that when traveling in the state of Georgia you present a copy of our Tax Exempt form and the Hotel/Motel tax form at check in. If you are unable to get the Hotel to remove the tax charges we will reimburse you for them, but you should be diligent about trying to get them removed.


Do I get meal reimbursements on the day I leave?

Yes, new travel regulations have been adopted by the State of Georgia and the Board of Regents that state you are entitled to 75% of your total meal cost of the day of departure and the day of return, assuming that no meals were provided to you on those days. Any meals that were provided will have to be subtracted from the total cost of the per-diem for that day. Per-Diems are based on the state travel regulations.


Do the Per-Diem rates apply to non-employees?

Yes. All non-employees are expected to remain within the same per-diem rates.


What is “commute” miles?

Commute miles are your normal everyday miles that you would travel back and forth to work from home. If you are traveling to attend some training and will be leaving from home, you would start your mileage for that trip from home. Once you are ready to file an expense report and you put in your mileage, you will use the total miles for that trip and put your normal commute miles in the box labeled “commute” miles. The system will then do the calculations for you.


Will I be reimbursed for baggage check on flights or overweight baggage?

State travel regulations state the you can get a reimbursement for the first checked baggage. You cannot receive a reimbursement for an overweight bag.