Application and Admission
Associate of Science Nursing Degree (ASN)
General Requirements / Procedures for Admission
Admission to the Nursing Education Programs is granted on a space-available basis. Applications that meet all admission requirements will be ranked according to their qualifications and admitted in order of their rank, starting with the most qualified, until all available spaces are filled. Admissions are extremely competitive. As such, not all individuals who meet the admission requirements may be admitted.
The Gordon State College ASN Nursing Program is 3 years in length IF you include the time required to complete the core classes.
|Spring 2019 ASN Application Information|
The application for the Spring 2019 ASN Nursing Program is now available to download. To access application please use your Gordon State College Network User ID and password that you use to access your Gordon State College email account.
ATTENTION!! The deadline to submit the completed application packet with all the required documentation is June 29, 2018.
Prerequisite Core Classes:
- Quantitative Skills and Reasoning or College Algebra
- Anatomy/Physiology I
- Anatomy/Physiology II
- English Composition I
- English Composition II
- Human Growth & Development
- Microbiology with lab
- American History I or II
- approved Humanities Elective (3 hr.) (see Curriculum)
**All core classes must be passed with a grade of C or better. Biology 2210, 2211, and 2250 must be less than 5 years old upon entry into the program. For Spring 2019 cohort Sciences must be Fall 2014 to current.
General ASN Admission Requirements:
- Application for the General ASN admission program will only be accepted during the application process period of June 1, 2018 - June 29, 2018, for admittance into the Spring 2019 ASN program.
- Applicant must have applied for and received a letter of acceptance to Gordon State College by May 31, 2018.
- Must enclose current official academic transcripts in a sealed school envelope for each college/university/tech school attended to include Gordon State College transcript if you attended Gordon State College. (Gordon State College transcript may be printed from BannerWeb).
- A minimum 2.5 cumulative/overall GPA.
GPA Calculator (xls)
- Exemption from or completion of all Learning Support Classes.
- Department recommends completing 75-80% of Core Curriculum prior to applying to the ASN program.
- BIOL 2210K, 2211K, and 2250K must be LESS than 5 years old. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- For Spring 2019, cohort sciences must be Fall 2014 to current.
- Successfully passing the Kaplan's Nursing Entrance Assessment Test (see Admission Test Requirements for details).
- Successfully passing the Dosage and Calculation Test.
- Not failed two (2) or more nursing courses in any nursing program, including an LPN program. (a grade of "D" is considered failing in a nursing program).
- Not failed any nursing course with a grade of "F" in any nursing program, including LPN program.
- Able to meet Technical Standards.
Application Packet Contents:
- Completed nursing application.
- Copy of an acceptance letter to Gordon State College.
- Must have applied to and received an acceptance letter to Gordon State College.
- Official Transcripts from any current colleges/universities/technical schools attended to include Gordon State College.
- Official Transcripts from all previous colleges/universities/technical schools attended.
- Copy of all licenses/certifications(LPN, CNA, EMT,etc.) if applicable.
- If previous was admitted to an RN OR LPN program and was not successful in completing the program you must submit (2) completed reference forms. (located FORMS + LINKS).
**Incomplete/late applications will not be accepted.
Contact your Academic Advisor or refer to our website for course planning and additional information.