Student Center Evacuated After Part in Dining Hall Food Prep Area Malfunctions
The Gordon State College Student Center was evacuated at approximately 11:45 this morning after a part on a re-heater in the dining hall food preparation area malfunctioned causing smoke and steam to collect in the area.
No one was injured, and everyone was allowed back into the building around 12:20. Students who were dining at the time of the evacuation were accommodated.
Contained in the two-story, 60,270 square-foot Student Center is the Highlander Dining Hall, book store, Foundation Room, campus mailroom, classrooms and offices.