Title IX Mandated Training
Mandated Title IX Training for students as well as employees of Gordon State College will take place via Everfi, a self-paced online program.
All students new to Gordon State College (including transfers, etc.) will be required to complete these modules.
|Students under 16 Years Old||AlcoholEdu (not Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates)||4076df39|
|Students between 16-25 Years Old||AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates||3df40705|
|Students 26 and Older||Sexual Assault Prevention for Graduates||0090eea8|
|Faculty/Staff of GSC||Haven for Faculty & Staff (not Alcohol Edu)||b98cd4d9|
I. Notes about the Courses:
- You may complete the courses over the course of several days/weeks. You do not have to complete it in one sitting.
- You will, however, need to complete the final quiz (in each course you are enrolled) in one sitting.
- You MUST score a 70% or above on the AlcoholEdu quiz in order to receive credit for completing the course.
- The courses have two tiers. You should ONLY complete Part 1 at this point. Once you reach the intersession point for each course you may stop.
- You will need internet access to complete these courses. If you do not have access to a computer or internet at home, computer labs are available on-campus at the following locations: IC Building, Student Success Center, Academic Building, Village Resident Hall.
II. Instructions for Completing Everfi Courses:
***Please use Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari. Internet Explorer must be version 10 or higher. If IE is a is not at least version 10, you will receive a “code is invalid” error.
1. Navigate to https://platform.everfi.net/registration/login. In the bottom right corner, choose "Register".
2. Provide the registration code (in above table) based upon your age (see chart above). Make sure to use the correct registration code and complete the correct set of modules.
3. Create your account with your official first and last name. Please use your GORDON email address . Create a password and input your Student ID, which is your 929 number (located on the front of your Gordon ID card). Please make sure to double-check your information to make sure all elements are spelled correctly. Please disclose your password in a safe place because you will more than likely login to the Everfi program several times. Select the most appropriate category that describes you best in the "group/class" dropdown.
4. After logging in, students between 16 and 24 will see two courses titled "AlcoholEdu" and "Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates". Students under 16 will only see "AlcoholEdu". Students 25 and older will see "Sexual Assault Prevention for Graduates". To begin the course, choose "Get Started". If you do not finish the course in one sitting, you may log back into the course area and choose "Continue".
5. Entering the course, you will then select "Begin" on each module. If you have completed part of the module you will see "Review" or "Completed". At the bottom of the screen in the AlcoholEdu course, you can see your progress for each module. Notice that you cannot skip ahead to other modules and must complete the activities in each module in order to move forward.
In the Sexual Assault Prevention course, you will also be able to view your progress for each module. If you are not able to complete the entire course in one sitting you will be able to log back in and continue with your currently released module.
6. Components of the course ask that you complete quizzes and surveys. After opening the quiz or survey, you must complete it in one sitting. While you are reminded in the modules, your answers to the survey and quiz questions are anonymous.
7. After completing all components of the courses, you will be asked to complete an exam within each course. You must complete the exam in one sitting. You must score at least 70% on the exam within the AlcoholEdu course. If you do not score 70% or above you will need to retake the exam (you can do so without retaking the course or other modules). It will not be determined that you have completed the AlcoholEdu course unless you make a 70% or above on the exam . If you are required to complete the Sexual Assault Prevention course, you must also take the exam located at the end of the course. There is not a set passing score, but you must at least attempt the exam in order to complete the course. After you have completed the exam for each of the courses, you will have completed Part 1 of the two part series. You do not need to complete Part 2 at this time.
III. Technological Requirements for Completing the Everfi Courses:
Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version), Safari 6, Microsoft Internet Explorer 10+
NOTE: AlcoholEdu for College also supported on tablets: Mobile Safari on iOS7 or newer and the default browser on Andriod 4.3+ (Jelly Bean).
|Flash Player||Please note some browsers may require Adobe Flash for multimedia content.|
Minimum resolution 1024x768 is required. 1280x1024 or higher is preferred.Note: AlcoholEdu for College is best viewed with a minimum 1024x768 resolution. You will be able to view the site using other settings, however some features and formats may appear smaller or larger than optimal.
|Audio/Visual||Sound card with either speakers or headphones.|
If you do not have broadband and you are using dial-up connection, you will have difficulty using our courses. Each course loads and plays videos and other media on the pages. Broadband connection (e.g. DSL, cable modem or FIOS) with 1Mbps bandwidth or better required; dial-up connections will seriously impede full functionality and viewing multimedia content.Note: Test your downstream bandwidth at websites such as http://speedof.me/
Mac with Voice Over and Internet Explorer with JAWS
Note: Screen reader support is ONLY applicable for the following courses: AlcoholEdu for College, AlcoholEdu for Sanctions (starting in Oct 2015), GreekLifeEdu, Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates, Haven for Faculty & Staff, Sexual Assault Prevention for Graduates.
IV. How do I get a Title IV Hold removed?
- As you complete the Everfi trainings, you will have your Title IV hold removed. If you are not sure if you have a hold, please login to your Bannerweb account and navigate to your academic summary. These holds are coded as: 9A and 9H.
- If you need your hold removed immediately, you may print your course completion summary from Everfi (login to Everfi and choose "course completion" for both Sexual Assault Prevention and AlcoholEDU). You may bring this to Student Affairs (2nd floor of Student Center; beside mailroom).