In This Section
Students who are interested in the Health Information Management program are encouraged to visit a HIM Department at a hospital or interview a Health Information Management Professional.
Admission to the Health Information Management program is both competitive and selective. In order to apply to the program, a student must:
- Complete application to HIM program and submit no later than November 1st for the upcoming spring semester
- Have completed at least 30 semester credit hours in order to apply for admission to the HIM program
- Must have an overall GPA of 2.5 with a grade of B or higher in all area F courses
- Present one letter of recommendation (professional reference or faculty reference)
- Interview with HIM program director
- Have received credit for BIOL 2210K, 2211K (anatomy & physiology I & II) within the last 5 years.
Once admitted to the HIM program, student must achieve a grade of C or higher in order to advance through the program.
Prior to internship the following is required
- A criminal background check
- Drug screen
- Tuberculosis skin test