GeorgiaVIEW, a University System of Georgia (USG) initiative, is an Internet-based teaching and learning environment that organizes course materials and assignments, facilitates communication and collaboration with faculty and other students, provides online testing and course assessment tools, along with many other features to aid in classroom instruction.
GeorgiaVIEW can be accessed by navigating to the website below . . .
Your login account for GeorgiaVIEW is as follows . . .
- Your GeorgiaVIEW User name is the same as your Gordon network user name. Your user name is printed on the back of your Gordon College ID card under the magnetic strip.
- Your GeorgiaVIEW password is the same as your Gordon network / e-mail password.
The University System of Georgia has implemented a new Learning Management System from Desire2Learn, often referred to as D2L. This new system has replaced Blackboard's Vista 8. Below are some resources to help you get started.
- D2L Student Manual (pdf)
- Student Desire2Learn Video (19:52 min flash video)
(For closed captioning, press CC at the bottom right corner of the video.)
- Technology Tips for Desire2Learn (pdf)
- Using Mozilla Firefox for Desire2Learn (pdf)
- D2L Faculty Training Guide (pdf)
- Faculty Desire2Learn Video (77:24 min flash video)
For closed captioning, press CC at the bottom right corner of the video.)
- Instructors: Using Turnitin Within Desire2Learn (27:30 min flash video)
- Instructors: Using Turnitin Within Desire2Learn (pdf)
- Instructors: Using Turnitin App to Grade within Desire2Learn (pdf)
- Instructors: Using Rubrics to Grade within Turnitin (pdf)
- Students: Using Turnitin Within Desire2Learn (6:23 min flash video)
- Students: Using Turnitin Within Desire2Learn (PDF Link) (pdf)
The University System of Georgia provides support for GeorgiaVIEW via the new D2L Help Center. This center, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, includes an extensive knowledge base that is designed to answer most of your GeorgiaVIEW related questions online.
If you can not logon to GeorgiaVIEW successfully, then more than likely your network password has expired or you have forgotten your current password. Students can reset their password online by using the following secured form...
Before using GeorgiaVIEW, you will need to verify that you are using a supported browser and that your computer's configuration is correct. Test your browser by navigating to the Desire2Learn System Checker at http://www.usg.edu/usgweb/d2lchecker/.
If you have already tested your browser using the system checker and you continue having trouble using GeorgiaVIEW, follow the troubleshooting information available on the D2L Help Center:
How do I know if my computer will work with D2L?.
GeorgiaVIEW will be temporarily unavailable for routine maintenance on several dates throughout the semester. Faculty should be aware of these dates in order to schedule assignment deadlines around these maintenance periods.
Download and follow along with the guide below to learn how to assign content to your new sections.