New Student Technology Access
New Students! Please take a second to complete the technological setup of your Banner Web and Gordon email accounts. You will need access to these accounts before attending orientation!
Step 1. Determine Your GCID, Gordon Username, and Gordon Email Address
Your GCID number will begin with 929 and your Gordon Username will be comprised of letters and numbers. This screen will also provide your Gordon email address.
Step 2. Set up your Banner Web account
- Navigate to the Banner Web access point here
- Input your GCID (929 number) as the User ID
- Choose “Forgot Pin” and answer the security question
- Input a new Pin for BannerWeb. Please secure this Pin for later reference
You will use Banner Web to:
- View your schedule (once it has been created)
- Accept financial aid
- Make online payments
- Apply for Residence Housing (via eRezLife)
Step 3. Set up your Gordon email Account
Make sure to check your Gordon email daily! It is our official source of communication.
- Create a password for your Gordon email account here. Input your Gordon username (from step 1) and answer the security question. Make sure that you see the successfully reset screen. Your email password must be comprised of:
- Uppercase Letters
- Lowercase Letters
- Must be at least 10 characters
- Do not include your name or username
- With your Gordon email (from step 1) and new password (from step 3), log into your Gordon email here.
- Once logged into your Gordon email, we encourage you to set up your email signature to include your Gordon email address and GCID (929 number). To create an email signature:
- Choose the gear icon on the far right side of your email account
- Under “Your App Settings” choose “Mail”
- On the far left of the screen, under “Mail” and “Layout” choose “Email Signature”. In the textbox type your full name, Gordon email address and GCID (929). Save.