Brightspace by D2L
Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L) is an Internet-based teaching and learning environment that organizes course materials and assignments, facilitates communication and collaboration with faculty and other students, provides online testing and course assessment tools, along with many other features to aid in classroom instruction.
Students do not gain access to their D2L courses until the first official start date of the course. New students will not be able to login to D2L until after they have registered for classes. After a student registers for classes in BannerWeb, it may take up to 48 hours for them to be added into the corresponding D2L course.
How do I access Brightspace by D2L?
- Brightspace can be accessed by navigating to https://gordonstate.view.usg.edu/
What is my initial login for Brightspace by D2L?
- Your Brightspace by D2L username is the same as your Gordon network username. Your username is printed on the back of your Gordon College ID card under the magnetic strip.
- Your Brightspace by D2L password is the same as your Gordon network/e-mail password. Remember: This password must be reset every 122 days. Reset your Gordon network/email password here.
How can I make sure my computer is configured properly for Brightspace?
Before using Brightspace, you will need to verify that you are using a supported browser and that your computer's configuration is correct.
What is the maintenance schedule for Brightspace by Desire2Learn?
Brightspace by D2L will be temporarily unavailable for routine maintenance on several dates throughout the semester, especially on Friday nights and Saturday mornings.
How do I get help using the Brightspace by Desire2Learn system?
- Student Brightspace by Desire2Learn Video
- Downloading Mozilla Firefox
- Students: Syncing D2L Notifications to External Email or Text
- Students: Disabling D2L Notifications
- Students: Viewing Quiz Results After the Quiz Period
- Students: Downloading and Using Respondus Lockdown Browser (pdf)
- Students: Link to Download Respondus Lockdown Browser for GSC
- Students: Blackboard Collaborate Classic in Brightspace/D2L Guide (pdf)
- Students: Blackboard Collaborate Classic in Brightspace/D2L Video
- Students: Blackboard Collaborate Ultra in Brightspace/D2L Guide (pdf)
- Students: Blackboard Collaborate Ultra in Brightspace/D2L Video
- Students: Viewing Awards in D2L
- Student: Self-Assessment: "How Well Do I Align with Online Learning" in D2L
- Students: Using Turnitin (inside of D2L or through Turnitin.com)
- Students: Using ProctorU (inside of D2L or through ProctorU website)
- Students: Creating/Watching Videos using TechSmith Relay (outside of D2L)
D2L Course Setup:
- Faculty: Copying Content Across Courses
- Faculty: Bulk Editing Due Dates
- Faculty: Deleting News Items
- Faculty: Viewing Student Last Accessed Date (for reporting purposes)
D2L Content Settings:
Turnitin (Plagerism Detection Service):
Blackboard Collaborate (Web-Conferencing System):
- Faculty: Blackboard Collaborate within D2L & Standalone (Classic)
- Faculty: Blackboard Collaborate within D2L & Standalone (Ultra)
- Faculty: Releasing Current Average to Students in D2L
- Faculty: Releasing Current Average to Students in D2L (through Setup Wizard)
- Faculty: Dropping Lowest Grade in Gradebook
- Faculty: Exporting D2L Grades to Excel
Respondus and D2L Quizzes:
- Faculty: Respondus to Create D2L Quizzes & Quiz Setup
- Faculty: Click here to download Respondus for Brightspace by D2L Quizzes
- Faculty: Creating a Combined Final of Small Quizzes in Respondus
- Faculty: Pulling a quiz from D2L into Respondus (for Printing in Word)
- Faculty: Importing & Using Publisher Testbank's in D2L
- Faculty: Providing General or Specific Feedback for D2L Quizzes using Respondus
- Faculty: Viewing Statistics, Re-Grading, and Editing Quizzes
- Faculty: Giving Students Special Access to D2L Quizzes (ADA)
Respondus Lockdown Browser & Monitor:
- Faculty: Requiring the Respondus Lockdown Browser for D2L Quizzes
- Faculty: Using Respondus Monitor (Webcam) in addition to Respondus Lockdown Browser