Brightspace by D2L Instructor Resources- Content & Gradebook
- I am building/copying content to a new course shell. What do I need to do first?
- How do I load content in my course? How do I know what my students have viewed?
- How do I copy content from one course to another? What else to I need to do if I am copying a course content from one semester to the next?
- How do I report attendance verification for activities within Brightspace by D2L?
- How do I set up the Brightspace by D2L gradebook?
After you have access to your course shell in Brightspace by D2L, we encourage you to follow this checklist to ensure that all content is ready for student interaction.
- Instructors: Loading content files into Brightspace by D2L
- Instructors: Completion pane settings (to allow students to track their own progress)
- Instructors: Viewing content students have opened
- Instructors: Films on Demand Videos into the Content area of D2L
- Instructors: Creating Reading List of GALILEO articles for students to view
- Instructors: Creating Video Notes for students within D2L (in content, announcements, discussions, quizzes, & grades).
How do I copy content from one course to another? What else to I need to do if I am copying a course content from one semester to the next?
Instructors will first need to copy all content over from one shell to the next. They will then need to reset the due dates for all assignments (the old ones will have copied over). They will also need to reset or delete old announcements (which will have copied over as well).
- Instructors: Copying content across courses
- Instructors: Bulk editing grade items
- Instructors: Deleting Announcement Items
You may want to consider viewing the last time the student logged into the course or the day/time the student completed an activity in the course.
- Instructors: Setting up the gradebook
- Instructors: Releasing the current average to students
- Instructors: Dropping the lowest grade
- Instructors: Exporting the gradebook to excel