Brightspace by D2L Instructor Resources- Assignments, Discussions, Rubrics, and Groups
- How do I create an area for my students to turn in assignments into Brightspace by D2L?
- How do I create an area for students to hold discussions in Brightspace by D2L?
- How do I create groups in Brightspace by D2L?
- How do I create and use Brightspace by D2L rubrics for assignments and discussions?
The assignment tool will allow students to upload Office files (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc) as well as short video clips. These assignments can be connected to the D2L gradebook. It is highly suggested that instructors connect these assignments to Turnitin, a plagiarism detection service. With Turnitin inside of D2L, instructors and students do not have to create separate account. Instructors can view the originality reports from within D2L as well as give feedback using Turnitin.
The discussion tool in D2L is text based (but you can embed video). These discussions allow for original posts as well as replies by instructors and students. These discussions can be connected to the gradebook.
- Instructors: Building and Grading Brightspace by D2L Discussions
- Instructors: Viewing Discussion Statistics
Groups are useful if you have a large class or if you plan to have the students complete work in teams. You can restrict certain discussions and assignments by groups so that the area is restricted to only those in that subset of the class.
Brightspace by D2L rubrics can be created and associated to any grade item in the gradebook. Instructors can associate the rubric to the discussion or assignments area, but they need to grade (using the rubric) through the gradebook.