Intellectual Property Committee
The purpose of the Intellectual Property Committee shall be to make recommendations to the President regarding the disposition and ownership of intellectual property developed at the college in accordance with applicable Board of Regents policy.
The president shall appoint an institutional Intellectual Property Committee, consisting of no fewer than three or more than nine members, one of whom shall be designated by the president to serve as chair. In each case the committee shall include a representative of the Office of Business Affairs. The committee shall meet as necessary, and shall act in an advisory capacity to the president or his/her designee.
Policies and Procedures pertaining to Intellectual Property are contained in Chapter 3, Section F.
The Intellectual Property committee shall: Recommend college policies and procedures pertaining to copyrights and patents to the president and faculty for action; Recommend changes to college copyright and patent policies and procedures to the president and the faculty for action; Review all intellectual property policy matters submitted to it by faculty, staff, students, sponsored agencies, and other college officials for compliance with college policy, Board of Regents’ policy, and contractual or grant-based obligations; Negotiate agreements with faculty, staff, and students of the college and recommend the classification of ownership rights to copyrightable/patentable materials produced by employees using college resources and recommend an equitable distribution of royalties thereby generated.
- Faculty Representative Nominees
- Department of ASN: Prof. Wendy Martin
- Departments of BSN and HIM: Dr. Christina Quinn
- Department of Biology and Physical Sciences: Dr. Nicole Vanderbush
- Department of Business and Public Service: Dr. Prathibha Joshi Beck
- Department of History and Political Science: Dr. Ashleigh Dean
- Department of Humanities: Dr. Becky Godlasky
- Department of Math and Computer Science: Dr. Kamal Adhikari
- Programs in Fine and Performing Arts: TBD
- School of Education: Dr. Pam Bell
- Library: Prof. Beth Pye