Human Subjects Review Committee
The Human Subjects Review Committee shall review research proposals that involve the use of human subjects affiliated with Gordon State College. This review will ensure that the research is conducted along ethical guidelines that reflect professional and community standards.
To serve in an advisory capacity to the President to develop, implement, recommend, and maintain policies for the evaluation of research proposals as stated under the purpose ofthis committee.
The committee shall be composed of:
(a) Four At-Large Faculty with at least one year of service at Gordon State College. At-large faculties are elected by each school nominating two faculty members at the beginning of the academic year and the full faculty will elect four members from the pool of nominees.
(b) Director of Institutional Research
(c) Student (1) Elected by SGA
- School of Arts & Sciences:
- Dr. Amanda Duffus
- Dr. Peter Boltz
- School of Education: Dr. Beth Pollock
- School of Nursing & Health Sciences: Prof. Melissa Harrison
- Director of Institutional Research: Mr. Britt Lifsey
- One student elected by SGA: Gwenevere Gilliland