General Education Committee
The purpose of the General Education Committee shall be to oversee the assessment of the core curriculum.
- Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences
- Assistant Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness
- One faculty member with at least one year of full-time teaching experience from each academic unit from the School of Arts and Sciences
- Faculty Senator (1)
Members will serve two-year terms.
The General Education Committee shall work with the Faculty Senate Assessment Committee in achieving Gordon State College academic assessment and review processes in accordance with established timelines.
- Interim Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences: Dr. Richard Baskin
- Assistant VP for Institutional Effectiveness: Professor Terry Betkowski
- Faculty Senate Representative: Dr. James Awbrey, Business and Public Service
- Faculty From Academic Units
- Department of Biology and Physical Sciences: Dr. Joyce Klaus
- Department of Business and Public Service: Dr. Kalisha Smith
- Department of History and Political Science: Dr. Franklin Williamson, Recorder
- Department of Humanities: Dr. Cortney McLeod, Chair
- Department of Math and Computer Science: Dr. Allen Fuller
- Programs in Fine and Performing Arts: Dr. Masoud Nourizadeh