Instructional Technology & e-Learning Committee
The purpose of the Instructional Technology and eLearning Committee shall be to review and formulate recommendations related to Instructional Technology and online learning issues for the College.
The committee shall be composed of:
Faculty Senator certified to teach online at GSC (1)
Director of Information Technology
Other Faculty, 1 faculty per Academic Unit, preferably with certification to teach online at GSC.
The committee is responsible for maintaining the relevancy of instructional technologies and eLearning policies and practices at Gordon State College. This committee will be responsible for accessibility to and maintenance and integrity of the Policies and Procedures for Distance Education at Gordon State College. The Committee will review annually the Policies and Procedures for Distance Education at Gordon State College and make recommendations for updates and revisions to the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs. The Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs will ensure the most updated version of the Policies and Procedures for Distance Education at Gordon State College is accessible to the college community. Further, the committee will annually review and assess the instructional technology needs of the College and make specific recommendations for their maintenance and enhancement. The committee will also review annually “Chapter 10 Computer and Network Usage Policy” of the Gordon State College Faculty Handbook and shall, using proper form, make recommendations for updates and revisions to the Chair of the Faculty Senate.
- Faculty Senate Representative: Dr. Kris Beck, History and Political Science
- Director of Information Technology: Mr. Jeff Hayes
- Instructional Technologist from Information Technology: TBD
- Faculty From Academic Units:
- Department of ASN: Prof. Charles Bobo
- Department of BSN and HIM: Dr. Theresa Buchanan
- Department of Biology and Physical Science: Dr. Cathy Lee
- Department of Business and Public Service: Dr. Scott Campbell, Recorder
- Department of History and Political Science: Dr. Ashleigh Dean
- Department of Humanities: Dr. Caesar Perkowski, Chair
- Department of Math and Computer Science: Prof. Solomon Betanga
- Programs in Fine and Performing Arts: Prof. Lisa Ferguson
- School of Education: Dr. John Barnard
- Library: Prof. Brenda Rutherford
- Instructional Technologist/Designer from IT: TBD