Are you looking for relevant work experience related to your major or career interests?
Well, that's an internship!!
Click here to review the criteria and procedures for student's interested in becoming an intern.
Click here to see a list of internships available in the Metro-Atlanta area.
This list is updated EVERY TWO WEEKS!! So keep checking until you find an internship that's perfect for you!
What is an internship?
An INTERNSHIP is relevant work experience related to your major or career interests. Internships can be full or part-time, short or long-term, paid or unpaid, for or not for credit, self-directed or led by a mentor, or any combination of the above. While there is no minimum or maximum length for an internship, it does ordinarily require a sustained commitment over a period of time such as a semester. This may occur during the fall, spring or summer sessions. At GSC, internships include traditional internships, cooperative education, practicum, clinical and student teaching experiences.
What are the Internship Criteria?
- May be for credit or non-credit
- May be paid or unpaid
- Should be related to the student's major or career interest
- Credit for internships is subject to the approval of the academic unit. Internship courses typically have prerequisites associated with degree requirements
Procedures for Students
The following are procedures for currently enrolled students to apply for internships through the GSC Career Services Center. Students may search employment opportunities online by searching College Central Network.
Students who are interested in obtaining an internship are required to follow these steps:
- Review the Find an Internship info sheet, Internship FAQ's and Internship Search Timetable Checklist
- Complete an Intern Registration Form in the Career Development Center
- Have your resume critiqued by a career counselor in the Career Center
- Find internships through College Central Network
- Review the open positions
- Upon completion of the registration process and selection of a job opening, the student will receive instructions for employment application
- Once the student has obtained an internship the student or the employer must complete Student Employment Information Form