Quick Links    My Gordon    Site Map    Facebook  Twitter  YouTube  
A unit of the University System of Georgia
bursars-office-sidebar bursars-office-slider

Bursar’s Office Frequently Asked Questions

Below are a list of questions frequently asked by our students about the procedures of the Gordon State College Bursar's Office. If you have any additional questions, please contact the Bursar's Office at 678. 359. 5010 or come by the office in Lambdin Hall room 230.

How do I make an online payment?

Online payments are made through your Student Account Center. See the How to Pay Online section under the Tuition, Fees, and Payment Information on the Bursar's Page.

How do I reset my PIN for my Student Account Center?

Your login for the Student Account Center will be the same as your Banner Web. If you need to reset your PIN, complete the following steps:

  • Go to Banner Web
  • Type in your Student ID number (929#) in the User ID field
  • Click Forgot PIN?
  • Answer the question shown and select Submit Answer.
  • You will now be able to reset your pin.

How do I view my billing statement or account activity?

Your billing statement and account activity all viewable from your Student Account Center. Follow the following steps:

  • Log into your Student Account Center
  • Click on the My Account tab
  • Select Statements or Current Activity
    • If you are viewing your account activity, you can select a term within the activity page

If I have enough financial aid to cover all my fees, is my schedule automatically held?

Yes. Students with enough financial aid or scholarships to pay for all charges will automatically have their schedules held. Do not assume that you are in this category. In Banner Web view Check Registration Status to see if aid has held your schedule or if you still owe money. Money owed must be paid by the appropriate deadline, or your schedule will be dropped.

Can I authorize Financial Aid to cover non-institutional expenses? (i.e. parking fines, replacement ID cards, etc.)

Program regulations permit students to authorize use of Title IV financial aid funds for non-institutional expenses such as parking fines, or campus debit systems. If you are eligible for Federal financial aid in excess of tuition and fees, and you wish to use this excess to cover other charges (e.g. parking, laptop fees, resident life fines, etc.), you must authorize Gordon State College to pay these charges from your account balance.

  • Login to Banner Web
  • Click on Financial Aid
  • Click on Authorizations
  • Select Authorize from the dropdown menu
  • Click Submit

You may rescind this authorization at any time prior to incurring such charges; however, any charges already paid on your behalf will not be reversed. This authorization is valid for any federal funds (e.g. Pell grant, SEOG grant, and student loans) but does not include Federal Work Study wages, and is based on your financial aid eligibility and enrollment status.

*Please Note – This authorization is valid for the entire period the student is enrolled, including multiple academic years, unless rescinded*

How do I set up my account to receive refunds?

Gordon State College refunds students through electronic transfer. Students are required to register the bank routing number and account number of their choice within the Touchnet Student Account Center. If an electronic profile is not created, the student will receive a paper check within seven to ten days after the published refund date. See Refunds section on Bursar's page for more information.

Will I receive my financial aid refund on the first day of class?

No. Financial aid will be posted to student accounts after attendance verification has been submitted by the instructors and petition for reinstatement deadlines have passed. Federal aid will be refunded to students within fourteen days after the disbursement of Financial Aid. However, you may charge books against your federal aid in the Bookstore. You must present your student ID to the Bookstore cashier to use this feature.

What do I need to do to cancel my Gordon Commons or Gordon Village lease?

Students are bound to their leases through the end of the year whether they move out or not. You must either continue payments or find a releaser to take over your lease.

  • Log into eRezLife using your network ID and password that corresponds to your email.
  • Click on a link on the left side that says Forms.
  • Click on the link that says Buyout Cancellation Form or Reassignment Form depending on which you are requesting.
  • Complete the form and click save on the bottom left.

How can I get my 1098T form electronically?

Gordon State College Students may elect to view and print their IRS 1098T though Student Account Center rather than wait for it to come by mail. When you select "Accept Consent", the IRS 1098T will be displayed at the end of January each year so you don't have to wait for it to arrive to complete your tax return. The information on the 1098T is only informational. You MUST rely on your receipts to determine the amount paid out-of-pocket for the tax credit. View the 1098T Information section of the Bursar's page for more information and instructions on downloading your 1098T statement.

Does Gordon State College offer a payment plan?

Yes. Gordon State College has partnered with Nelnet Business Solutions to provide students with a payment plan to help pay for the tuition and fees for the term. The Nelnet Payment Plan will finance up to $5500 of the "Term Amount to Budget by Payment Plan" [total charges (tuition, fees, housing, and meal) less Financial Aid (grants, loans, and scholarships) and any cash payments]. The amount of the "Term Amount to Budget by Payment Plan" greater than $5500 will be required at the time of the down payment upon enrollment into the plan. The down payment, enrollment fee and monthly installments will be determined at the time of enrollment based on the date enrollment occurs. The Nelnet Payment Plan option is available until the official last day of the Drop/Add period for the term. If the student elects to use the Nelnet Payment Plan option and the student's plan is terminated by Nelnet after the enrollment period due to insufficient funds or inaccessible bank account or credit card account, the student will no longer be able to enroll in a payment plan for future terms. For more information, see the Nelnet Business Solutions - Payment Plan section in the Tuition, Fees, and Payment Information on the Bursar's page.

How do I create an Authorized User for payment?

Authorized users can be set up in your Student Account Center to make payments on your behalf.

  • Login to your Student Account Center
  • Click Authorized Users on the right hand side of your screen under the My Profile Setup
  • Click Add Authorized User and fill in the remaining information.
  • Select Continue

How do I add or change my Notification Settings to receive text messages or e-mails at an alternate e-mail address related to account activity?

Students are able to add a mobile number or alternate e-mail address to receive notifications related to account activity.

  • Login to your Student Account Center
  • Click Notifications on the right hand side of your screen under the My Profile Setup
  • You may add an alternate e-mail address and set up a mobile number to receive text messages regarding payment information.
  • Click Save Changes