Get Involved, Stay Involved
Gordon's 2013 Alumni Weekend - April 19-21, 2013
- View the brochure 'Alumni Weekend 2013' (pdf)
Getting involved with your alma mater brings its share of benefits. You get to meet new people ... continue your education ... and most important, contribute to a community that's changing lives.
No matter where you are, there's a way for you to stay involved with Gordon State College. Some examples:
On the Gordon State College campus...
- Attend a fine arts program or athletic event. (Check the public calendar to see what's coming up.)
- Take part in Gordon State College's Career Day.
- Come to graduation to show your support for today's students.
- Take a community education class - and get a friend to sign up with you.
In the community...
- Contact your Georgia state representatives to push for greater financial support of the University System of Georgia.
- Write to the Board of Regents to encourage investment in Gordon State College capital projects.
- Be a Gordon State College ambassador by spreading the word about our latest and greatest achievements.
At your local high school...
- Represent Gordon State College at a school college fair.
- Contact the guidance office to ensure it has up-to-date admissions materials.
With your family...
- Enroll your child or grandchild in a Kids' College after-school event or a summer camp at Gordon State College.
- Invite a current student to your house for Thanksgiving dinner.
With other alumni...
- Attend Alumni Weekend in the spring.
- Come to Barnesville Buggy Days in the fall.
- Help new students get acclimated on Move-in Day.
- Send your career-related or personal news to be included in the Class Notes section of the President's Report.
- Plan a reunion for your class.
With financial gifts...
- Make a contribution to Gordon State College's Annual Fund drive.
- Honor someone with a book in the Hightower Library or a tree on campus.
- Explore other types of gifts you can give today or in the future.
Are you ready to get started? Contact the advancement office, 678. 359. 5739.