If you are a returning Gordon State College student but are new to the financial aid process, please note the following items of interest:
- Financial Aid cannot be awarded to you unless you apply for it.
- Financial Aid cannot be awarded to you until the FAO receives your application and all other required information. All of this information must be complete and accurate. You will be notified as to any information you must submit to the FAO.
- Once you are awarded financial aid, the funds will be applied to your charges before any excess funds are disbursed to you.
- Funds are awarded for two semesters. You will receive half of your total award in the first semester, and half in the second. The amount of the award is based on full time attendance. Certain types of awards will be reduced if you are not a full time student. Please refer to the Conditions of Awards section of this website.
- You must reapply for financial aid every year. If you received financial aid this past year at Gordon, and you completed the FAFSA, you must reapply for the next aid year by completing the FAFSA for that aid year.
- If you applied for the HOPE scholarship using any application other than the FAFSA or GSFAPPS, it is recommended that you complete the new GSFAPPS electronic application on the gacollege411 website.