Gordon State College offers the Institutional SAT and the COMPASS test.
The Institutional SAT test dates are listed below. More test dates will be offered if the demand exists.
- Friday, May 17, 2013
- Friday, June 7, 2013
- Friday, June 14, 2013
- Friday, June 28, 2013
- Friday, July 12, 2013
- Saturday, July 20, 2013
- Friday, July 26, 2013
- Friday, August 2, 2013
- Saturday, August 3, 2013
- Saturday, August 10, 2013
You must be a Gordon applicant.
Check-In is from 8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. Testing Center, Student Center 234, Gordon State College, Barnesville. The test begins at 9:00 a.m. sharp.
Cost: $50.00. Cash or money order only.
Things to Remember
- You must have a PICTURE ID in order to take the test.
- Please bring two sharpened #2 pencils and a calculator. Gordon State College cannot provide calculators.
- To view calculators permitted for the ISAT visit : http://sat.collegeboard.com/register/sat-test-day-checklist
Test will take approximately 3 ½ hours.
Test scores will only be good for Gordon State College and are not transferable to other colleges.
To register, please send an email with your name, Gordon ID, phone number and the date you would like to test to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional SAT Resources
- Community Education Test Prep Courses (SAT Prep)
The college placement exam, COMPASS, is a computerized placement exam that tests reading, writing, and math skills. COMPASS placement exam requirements are determined by either the SAT verbal and math scores or the ACT English and math scores. A combination of SAT and ACT scores is not used. Students who have both SAT and ACT scores may choose which test will determine COMPASS placement exam requirements.
Effective May 6, 2013, Gordon State College will modify COMPASS testing hours for the summer. These hours will expire on August 2, 2013...
Monday - Thursday 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. - NOON
Reservations are NOT required. Gordon applicants must check in at Admissions (Lambdin #132) prior to testing. Parking is provided in the visitor’s lot at the corner of College and Spencer streets. The COMPASS exam is untimed.
Cost: Gordon State Applicants 1st test is free. Re-test is $20.
All Non-Gordon applicants: $20
- Those taking the test must show a PICTURE ID to register for the test. Please do not bring personal items with you, nothing is allowed in the testing area and there is no storage space. Paper, pencils and a calculator are provided for all test takers.
- Children are not allowed in the testing room and can not be left alone outside of the area.