Get to know us
We're glad you're interested in Gordon State College! At the Admissions Office, our job is to introduce you to our campus, our faculty and our programs, and to guide you through the process of becoming a Gordon State College student.
You can take part in one of our regularly scheduled campus visit days, schedule a private tour, or take our Self-Guided Audio Tour using a MP3 player.
Visit Our Campus
Private tours of the Gordon State College Campus can be arranged for you and your family. Personnel availability and college activities impact the scheduling of these tours. Tours are given on a regular basis during the week. No private tours are given during the weekends or college holidays. The tour is a walking tour lasting approximately one hour. We request that all parties arrive 15 minutes prior to the scheduled tour. If you would like a private tour of the campus, please contact the Welcome Center Coordinator at 678. 359. 5354 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. to schedule a tour.
We hope to see you at Gordon State College soon!
Featured Off-Campus Location
Gordon State College offers college-level courses in the evening at the Academy of Advanced Studies located in McDonough, Georgia at Henry County High School.
Verification of Lawful Presence
During the October 2010 meeting of the Board of Regents (BOR), the Board approved Policy 4.3.4, Verification of Lawful Presence. BOR Policy 4.3.4 states that "Each University System institution shall verify the lawful presence in the United States of every successfully admitted person applying for resident tuition status, as defined in Section 7.3 of this Policy Manual, and of every person admitted to an institution referenced in Section 4.1.6 of this Policy Manual."
Students may satisfy this requirement by providing ONE of the following pieces of documentation:
- A current driver's license issued by the state of Georgia after January 1, 2008.
- A Certified Birth Certificate showing the student was born in the United States or a U.S. territory. A photocopy is not acceptable.
- A U.S. Certificate of Naturalization (USCIS form N-550 or N-570).
- A U.S. Certificate of Citizenship (USCIS form N-560 or N-561).
- A Certificate of Birth issued by the Department of State (DS-1350) or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240).
- A current U.S. passport.
- A current state-issued ID issued by the state of Georgia after January 1, 2008.
- A current military ID (service member only, not dependent).
- A current Permanent Resident Card (USCIS form I-151 or I-551).