Move On When Ready
The University System of Georgia recognizes the need to provide academically talented high school students with opportunities for acceleration of their formal academic programs. This recognition has led to the development of the Move On When Ready program.
MOWR is where a student enrolls as part-time or full-time college student following the completion of their sophomore year in high school.
- To earn dual high school and college credit for senior level high school English, Math, and final unit of Social Science College Preparatory Curriculum, minimum SAT I score of 430 Critical Reading and 430 Math or ACT English score of 17 and ACT Math score of 18.
- Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA in their academic college prep core.
- Completion of the University System of Georgia College Preparatory Curriculum for high school graduation, with the exception of senior level English, Math, and final unit of Social Science (dual credit opportunity)
If a student has taken the new SAT March 2016 or after, the minimum SAT scores are: 24 Reading and 470 Math.
With the exception of dual credit taken at Gordon State College for the senior level high school English, Math, and/or Social Science, and abiding by the University System of Georgia guidelines stated above, a college course may not be used to fulfill the University System of Georgia's College Preparatory Curriculum requirements. Students should make sure they are registered for the remaining College Preparatory Curriculum requirements at their high school, so that they are on track to graduate and fulfill all College Preparatory Curriculum requirements by the end of the senior year.
Documents required to receive consideration for the MOWR Program at Gordon State College:
- Complete online Move On When Ready Application through www.gafutures.org
- Complete an application for Gordon State College either on www.gafutures.org or download the application here: www.gordonstate.edu/forms/admissions/application.pdf, print out and mail to the address printed on the application.
- Official High School transcripts
- Official SAT or ACT score sheet
- Certificate of Immunization
Already applied for the MOWR program? Click here for information on what to do next.