Getting involved with your alma mater brings its share of benefits. You get to meet new people ... continue your education ... and most important, contribute to a community that's changing lives.
No matter where you are, there's a way for you to stay involved with Gordon State College. Some examples:
On the Gordon State College campus...
- Attend a fine arts program or athletic event. (Check the public calendar to see what's coming up.)
- Take part in Gordon State College's Career Day.
- Come to graduation to show your support for today's students.
- Take a community education class - and get a friend to sign up with you.
In the community...
- Contact your Georgia state representatives to push for greater financial support of the University System of Georgia.
- Write to the Board of Regents to encourage investment in Gordon State College capital projects.
- Be a Gordon State College ambassador by spreading the word about our latest and greatest achievements.
At your local high school...
- Represent Gordon State College at a school college fair.
- Contact the guidance office to ensure it has up-to-date admissions materials.
With your family...
- Enroll your child or grandchild in a Kids' College after-school event or a summer camp at Gordon State College.
- Invite a current student to your house for Thanksgiving dinner.
With other alumni...
- Attend Alumni Weekend in the spring.
- Help new students get acclimated on Move-in Day.
- Send your career-related or personal news to be included in the Class Notes section of the President's Report.
- Plan a reunion for your class.
With financial gifts...
- Make a contribution to Gordon State College's Annual Fund drive.
- Honor someone with a book in the Hightower Library or a tree on campus.
- Explore other types of gifts you can give today or in the future.
Are you ready to get started? Contact the advancement office, 678. 359. 5739.